On Sun, 2015-05-17 at 00:26 -0500, Dave Larsen wrote:

> PLEASE HELP FREENET ISSUES
> i opened this account to seek help with apparently, EVERY aspect of
> FREENET.
> !ST off, why is there no easy to reach REAL, useful, help and
> support for CORRECTLY setting up, and CORRECTLY configuring, for
> maximum preformance,and useability OF FREENET
>

> 2ND, im browsing with 40-60 peers accessing my FREENET node, but all
> of a sudden, i get a screen saying FREENET is startingup or shutting
> down, when i didnt do anything to stop it, if it was started, it
> shouldnt stop unless I,(ME) stops it,
> i have it set up to start at my computers startup, so theres no reason
> for it to startup again unless, I,(ME), stops it.
>

> 3RD, when i can stay "on" long enough to dl a file, i generally get an
> error of some kind, saying either; certain files are corrupted, to
> delete them /or save and restore them, or, i get internal java lang
> heapspace error/ but the worst one is, i have a file complete but i
> get a ; "java.io.EOFException", for 99% of what i have "successfully
> downloaded" , not too successful, huh, All of what i have tried to dl
> has been less than 1.16 gib, tried fetching them every way possible
> but i almost always get the above issues.
>

> 4TH, i am doing this on brand new, 500gb 7200 rpm hdd, 4 g ram, 60mbps
> up, and download wifi speed, (my computer reads 72mbps for that),
> freenet detects 59mbps for my up and dl speeds, no data limit, no
> bandwidth limit, i have dedicated 100 gib of space for the datastore,
> and 20gb each, for the 3 other stores, i have my ram cache, (instead
> of the 43mib it wants to give me), i set it up to 240 mib. i have my
> os, FREENET, java, 7zip, chrome, adobe flash player and vlc player, i
> also have 1 3rd party system cleaning program and one ram boost
> program. my os and all its files are on a partition with mozilla, and
> the booster and cleaner, with 226 of 248 gb freespace, the rest is on
> its own partition with 98 of 217 gb freespace, so i should, by rights,
> have plenty of space and speed for this program i have also done the
> things to speed up and hold mem longer and this and that for mozilla
> firefox but nothing worksive tuned my pc for best preformance i disk
> clean virus check and defrag on a semi-regular basis
>

> i can almost always get to where i want to go, but when i start trying
> to dl stuff, all hell breaks loose, ive been trying this for a month
> now and i may have successfully downloaded 3-4 working files, but with
> all the crap that keeps hapening, i loose it, please help, even if
> this isnt the right page for help,
>

> i really like where i can go here in the FREENET, and would like to
> become a valued participant, maybe even a donor, but, if it dont work,
> im not going to waste my time and money, ive already put in 200 hours
> of pretty much unsuccessful effort, and maybe, if im lucky, 10-15
> successful hours in, please even if this is not the right place, if
> [...]
Hi thisguy0417,

To debug an issue like this we will need some details. Can you supply
your OS version, Java version and freenet version? And any freenet
settings that you hanged.
Next check your wrapper.log for errors and include in your reply?

ps. Freenet is run almost entirely by volunteers, it does not always
have the resources to keep up with documentation or wikis etc

pps. Writing in all caps is considered EXTREMELY rude!. I believe all
that was asked of you was to use the support list instead of github
which you now have done - Thank you. Maybe take a deep breath before
writing mails? Most volunteers wont respond to aggressive mails calling
their hard work a fraud!