On Jul 20, 2015 1:29 PM, "Dave Larsen" <hoppameiste...@gmail.com> wrote:

> If I set my wrapper to 1g, it would prob use 100%of my ram. I've got it
set at 256 cuz at 512, it would almost max out my memory, 4gs, I don't have
any plugins loaded it works fine but just uses so much ram. Is there ANY
other way to reduce memory usage from freenet. Its getting to be more of a
pain in the butt than its worth. The asston is the way I'm describing the
amount of ram freenet uses its crazy how much ram this uses can't run
anything else when freenet is a running or my PC locks up on me and I gotta
manually restart, so far with this new update/upgrade, I haven't lost
anything when the freeze up occurs, but I'm limited to freenet surfing
which is more like watching paint dry lol, normally I watch movies or TV
shows but I've learned that when freenet is running I can't do that I don't
have the ram , my CPU is fine just an asston of ram use from freenet if I
don't have freenet running no ram issues please help

1. Are you saying you have 4 GB of ram in your PC? You should have no
problem.

2. What size is your datastore? The larger the store the bigger the ram
usage.
I don't know the math but in your case don't exceed 5-10 GB.

3. If you must stay in that small ram envelope you will probably have to
forego plugins. Definately WoT and anything that depends on that. And no
Spider.

Start with the datastore.