Java generally uses 2x the memory you tell it, it is the nature of its memory
design. So if you have 1g to spare, give it 512 and it shoudl use 1 gig. It is
not random how much it will max at, it is 2x.

If your computer is able to lock up because of Java, then that is a flaw of
your operating system or hardware. It is technically impossible for a java
program to do that. That is the design of java. It cannot be Freenet's fault,
as Java is guaranteed to prevent it. The problem is your operating system.
Switch to Linux and you won't have any of these problems. Windows/OSX =
Microsoft/Apple = American Corporation = NSA. There really is no point in
using Freenet on Winblows. You might as well use it on the front steps of
their office on a computer you borrow from them. The effort of learning Linux
will be worth it. If you are already using linux, then it is guaranteed that
you have bad hardware and need to replace your computer.

Sv.