Hi,

since I have no possibility to run a node because of the local
infrastructure I thought of the following configuration:

At my place I use a satellite downlink together with a ISDN uplink to
connect to the internet.
The ISDN line is a Flatrate as long as it is only used as an uplink
for the satellite communication.
The Downstream has a limit of 3 GB of data transfer per month.

Since I found node to produce over 60GB traffic per month this would
not be affordable.

Now I have the opportunity to set up a server at an other person's
house who has a fast and cheap line and is willing to pay for the
electricity that my server needs.

The set up I think of looks like this:
(all systems are Windows Servers and clients)

I set up the server with the freenet node in his house and install a
SSH-server that allows me to connect to the node in a secure way.
(Alternatively I establish a VPN)

a) I could then either start a freenet client software like my browser or
   frost in order to connect to the node via the VPN.

b) Alternatively I could connect to the server via remote desktop,
   start the software there and up- and download file between my computer
   and the server via the VPN.

What version would be more secure and/or would produce less traffic.

Do you have additional ideas how to be able to work with freenet?

Best regards
Benedikt