On Wed, Feb 15, 2006 at 05:45:41PM -0500, Andrew Mathis wrote:
> I have seen a number of references to a separate, Chinese freenet
> network. Does this mean it is somehow locked to outsiders (a darknet of
> sorts)? Or is  it simply incompatible with the main freenet software? In
> any case, how can I get on it?

It means it is localized, and is a fixed version (based on 0.5). Used to
be at http://freenet-china.org/

Note that we cannot vouch for that URL one way or the other, not being
able to read the site.

HOWEVER, please note that as of last August the Freenet 0.5 inter-node
communication protocol is blocked by the national firewall! 0.7 will be
much harder to block, so the chinese will have to wait for that.

Matthew J Toseland - toad at amphibian.dyndns.org