Hi All,

Please excuse what might seem like a stupid question. I'm just beginning to
experiment with Freenet. I could not find this topic in the archives. I have
only some limited tech knowledge.

specs:
* Freenet 0.7 Build #1209 rbuild01209-real
* Freenet-ext Build #26 r23771
# JVM Version: 1.5.0_16-132
# OS Name: Mac OS X
# OS Version: 10.4.11
# OS Architecture: i386

I install with the web installer for Mac on the freenetproject.org page. I
choose the autostart option. A browser launches and all works well. No shortcut
to Freenet is installed on my desktop (as was the case on previous explorations
some years ago on a Win2000 machine.)

However, if I shut down or have to restart my machine or node for any reason,
no browser (I use Firefox 3.0.5) can access fproxy with 127.0.0.1:8888. That
page is "unavailable".

I'd rather not have to re-install and rebuild the datastore every time.  Is
there some way to manually start/restart Freenet? (I assume that "start" means
to connect to some nodes, but I'm not sure.)

Many thanks.

NewbieHarry

Internet explorer 8 lets you browse the web faster.
http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9655582