Marek Küthe <m...@mk16.de> writes:
> Γιώργος Κωστόπουλος <giorgos...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Is Freenet (the classic version (fred?)) still alive?
>> Will it continue, to receive updates?
>>
>> PS. I'm not interested in Hyphanet. I'm asking only for the classic version.

As an aside: whoever told you the wording "classic version" mislead you.
Freenet Classic is a fork of Freenet 0.5 which has been out of operation
for more than a decade.

Hyphanet is the original Freenet — it has continuity in code and
concepts since 1999. There is no fork of it that would be simlilar to a
Freenet Classic, and there is no other project that fulfills its
use-cases.

For context about the naming, please see the discussion thread[1] or the
announcement on the website[2][3] and the links in it:

[1]: https://www.mail-archive.com/devl@freenetproject.org/index.html#55262
[2]: https://www.freenetproject.org/freenet-renamed-to-hyphanet.html
[3]: https://www.hyphanet.org/freenet-renamed-to-hyphanet.html

(the second website link in case the redirect should fail — if it does
 fail, please write that here)

Best wishes,
Arne
--