I’m working on install version 0.82.4 / 0.84 and seem to be having some troubles.  I have gotten it to work fine under vmware though now that I’m trying to move it to a real machine it doesn’t seem to like it.

Essentially after the LiveCD boots and I do my entire interface configuration it comes to the end with “Bootup complete” and then hangs.

During the initial load there are few error messages that I can see:

This repeats several times:

acd0: FAILURE – READ_BIG ILLEGAL REQUEST asc=0x64 ascq=0x00 error=4<ABORTED>

A few lines before the option to setup interfaces I get:

mount: /: unknown special file or file system

No Swap on CDROM

After configuring the interfaces there is a line:

kbdcontrol: cannot open /dev/ukbd0: Device Busy

This and reading some posts in the list made me think the CDROM could be the problem, I moved it to the secondary ide and changed the cable, also reburned the cd at 4x.

I set my dhcp server to statically give out ip to see if I could ssh into it but I still could not get it after it hangs.

System specs

CPU: Celeron 2.6Ghz

Board: Asus P4P800-MX (All hardware except for NIC is disabled, IDE mode is set to compatible)

Memory: 512Meg

CDROM: LG GCE-8526B

HD: WD160GB

Mouse Keyboard are USB (Gyration)

If anyone knows anything else I could try that would be great as I’d like to start testing it on a real box.

Wish I could post more output but I have to way to copy it out only retyping L

Thanks

John Cianfarani