On 10/15/05, Tommaso Di Donato <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi!
>  I recently read a post about captive portal, and the related use of ipfw.
> If I understood well, it is possible to use at the same time pf and ipfw. Is
> it true? I mean, can I use ipfw for doing a particular king of traffic
> redirection, even there is another redirection done with pf (of course, not
> for the same traffic!! i.e. pf for ftp, ipfw for www)??

Not sure I follow with the "redirection" part.  But if I understand
correctly, yes we can use both ipfw and pf in conjunction for
different tasks.  This is how our shaper code used to work - define
the queues in PF and assign the traffic in IPFW.  Our ultimate goal is
to get IPFW out of the core system altogether and we had done that
until we found some nasty bugs in CP due to it (just stuff that'll
take a little longer to work around).