On Tue, 2005-10-25 at 00:46 +0100, alan walters wrote:
> Could this be an issue with the duplex. Maybe different speeds on the
> lan the wan and switches?????

Well...  to be honest I do not understand why it would be  - ifconfig
em1 up brought it up without any problems so I guess the problem is  it
is not run for some reason or might be run with wrong parameters or
something.

> I see the wan is on 1G connections. Is it the same on the wan.
> See if you can checkout an earlier version I was on 0.88 and 0.89.2
> today with no troubles but I was only working on 100mb switches all the
> same with vlans

Actually it is test environment - I have 3 boxes with pfsense on the
middle one.  One acts as  WAN gateway, other runs as server behind
firewall.

Network is NIC to NIC in both cases - no switches and as soon as I being
interface up it works without problems :(