On Mon, 2005-10-31 at 11:28 -0600, Fleming, John (ZeroChaos) wrote:
> FYI a PIX 520 (the 300 mhz version) can not handle 50,000 entries in the
> state table. It may on paper, but just because it has enough ram. I want
> to say it starts to have problems at about 35,000, but then again all my
> PIX firewalls were fully loaded with nics (6 10/100 I think).

Right. I guess number of states is not only issue - packet rate is other
thing - the "state" which is having packet passing by once per minute is
different than one which constantly needs attention.   Number of rules
is another ( I had single rule in this test)

And I guess 300Mhz CPU is a lot different from 2.4Ghz I have :)

> Kind of funny to boot a 520 and hear a video failure beep code.

:)