Hello

I have an old 233mhz computer w/ 32 ram, udma33 hdd, that's what i'm running pfsense on.
I know this question doesn't relate to pfsense, but i'll ask it.
When doing any bigger io operation, the computer tends to slow down, and execute everything at an astonishingly slow rate. For example and update takes more than 40 minutes, because of chflags and find.
Gstat says that the usage is 100% on that partition and the data rate is around 900 kbps.
Is this mainly because of the slow processor; because i've tried another hdd with it too ?

Thank you,
Endre