David Strout wrote:
I have a ? / feature request. If pfS IS NOT the default GW on the LAN then I suppose that the only way to direct all traffic out the "REAL/PRIMARY" GW is to enter a static route for the LAN subnet to an alternate IP address (that of the default GW for the LAN).

I believe you can enter a route with destination 0.0.0.0/0, which is the same as your default route. Mind you, that will override your WAN's default gateway (or they might fight with each other and really screw stuff up, depending on the situation).

I think that this would be a real nice feature addition for those who are adding pfS to their already existing LAN, for say a dedicated test platform, or dedicated VPN concentrator .... or a plethora of other reasons.

in that type of situation, you either need your pfsense WAN interface connected to your LAN (hence the default gateway will be correct), or if you have public IP's to spare, the LAN interface can be on your LAN, and the WAN on the Internet, and you would still not need any static routes unless your LAN contains subnets other than the primary LAN subnet.