No - this is not the problem.  I have quadruple checked all this and it is
consistent and correct.

I have just tried increasing the advertising frequency on the slave, but
although it flicked to 'backup' status briefly because of the change, it
reverted to 'master' shortly after.

I have also tried reversing the sense:  ie making the master the slave, the
slave the master.  The position is the same as it was before, with both
systems claiming to be Master.

Frustrating!

/peter

On Friday 24 March 2006 09:32, Amorim, Nuno Alexandre (ext) wrote:
> Hello Peter
>
> I had a similar issue. Verify the netmask of the carp interface. It is the
> same has the network.

believed to be clean.