The Monitor IP is an IP address upstream that is polled from time to time to ensure the upstream link is live. A good Monitor IP might be your upstream gateway. PS: You're still using Beta-2. Upgrade to the most recent snapshot.
Roy Walker wrote:

Can anyone tell me what the "Monitor IP" field is supposed to be on the Load Balancer:Pool:Edit screen is supposed to be?

I would think that the load balancer daemon would query each IP in the pool.

Thanx,

Roy