On Apr 20, 2006, at 18:12 , Scott Ullrich wrote:

I have Beta1 running on an embedded device and want to replace this
box with a server running Beta3.
Can I import the configuration from Beta1 and install this on the new
server running Beta3 without problems or do you recommed I start from
scrach?

Yes, should not be a problem to go this route.

Nice, it worked pretty well - all I had to do after the import was to remap the interfaces because they were no longer called sis0 and so on. When I tested the new firewall the rules seemed to work both incoming, outgoing and between DMZ zones but the servers could not initiate traffic to the outside world.

I could trace the outgoing traffic but somehow they did not get a response back? I use 1:1 NAT by the way...

What can I have been missing? Any ideas?

Thank you.

Regards,
Anders