On 6/1/06, Scott Ullrich <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 6/1/06, Chris Buechler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> heh  this is the way m0n0wall used to be, a long list of rules on all
> interfaces on a single page.  Many people begged for tabs.  When they
> got them, many others moaned about having them.  No matter what open
> source developers do, somebody is going to bitch, moan, and complain.  :)

FWIW, I'm not the one coughing out the code, so I don't feel I have
justification to bitch. It's a fine project.

To the poster whining about "why do we have to be interface driven", I
would contest that the issue is not the interfaces, its your
perception. The underlying packet filter (PF) is strongly interface
based, the PHP for the firewall rules is little more than a frontend
to this, so adjust your perception to match it. Do you want a check
point or an isa box? Then bloody well go use them. Do you want a BSD
project with PF on the backend and a keen web configuration console?
pfSense lets you have that.

I have to administer a boatload of Check Points at work every day. I
really don't want to have to come home and do the same thing.

--
Darren Spruell
[EMAIL PROTECTED]