On 6/13/06, Holger Bauer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
beta4 doesn't report this, but RC1 is sending some syslog info about the
monitor IP:

Jun 13 09:33:08         slbd[412]: Service wanpool changed status, reloading
filter policy

All the /var/log/*.log files on my beta 4 box are binary and are
exactly 10000 bytes!
How can I read these files?

Easiest thing is to send the info to a remote syslogserver that generates the
email on this event. Mailnotification from the pfSense itself can't be done
without hacking in some smtp support.

My pfSense box does not have any other unixen near by for syslog
support.  I would
like to export the syslog messages over RSS, and can submit a patch
for this if others
are also interested.

I would be very thankful if someone can show me how to decipher
/var/log/*.log from php.

Thanks for your time.

- Raja