Thanks Scott!

That worked well - even though i used scp to copy the file across the boxes :-)

Also on this place a big THANK YOU for your and all the contributors efforts making pfSense as good as it is!!

Cheers,
Holger

On Wed, 2006-06-14 at 11:41 -0400, Scott Ullrich wrote:
On 6/14/06, Holger Goetz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>  can somebody help me here?
>  I'm replacing the current pfSense box (2800-Athlon desktop w/ 3 D-Link GBit
> NICs) with a Acrosser AR-B1662 based 19" box (4 build-in NICs).  I don't
> want to loose the usage data of the old box, but still a fresh install will
> tidy up old unused config date etc... So my question is where is the usage
> data displayed in the RRD graphs stored? would it be enough to simply copy
> that data across??

On the old box:

tar cvPzf /root/rrddata.tgz /var/db/rrd/

Copy /root/rrddata.tgz off the box using exec.php

Copy the rrddata.tgz to the new box and use exec.php to upload, it
will end up in /tmp/

Now do:
mkdir -p /var/db/rrd
tar xvPzf/tmp/rrddata.tgz -C /var/db/rrd

Done!