If you run off a hdd full installation upload the full update file at
system>firmware. It will apply the update and reboot after that. You won't lose
your configuration, just a downtime for the reboot.

If you run from a cf-card and used the embedded image to start with you have to
reflash the card. The version you are running doesn't support updates. Updates
for embedded builds was introduced some versions ago. The new version however
will now be upgradable. Please note that the new image has a size of 128 mb so
you need at least a 128 mb cf-card. This was needed to support updates for
these platforms. If you run this kind of install the future upgradeprocess will
be the same like for the full install but you have to upload the mini update
file.

Holger