        From: Tortise [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
        Sent: Tuesday, November 07, 2006 8:37 AM
        To: support@pfsense.com
        Subject: [pfSense Support] CF 1.0.1 boot failure

        Hi

        I am trying to run pfSense from a CF card, have written images
to various cards.  Monowall boots fine and runs from 16M CF card so it
would seem the IDE CF reader is ok.  This is on a Pentium 166 system.

        With pfSense, trying a number of different CF cards 128M and
256M:

        The BTX loader seems to run OK.  Then I get:

        FreeBSD/i386 bootstrap loader, Revision 1.1
        ([EMAIL PROTECTED], Sunday Oct 29 01:30:00 UTC 2006)
        /

        The "/" does a couple of circles then stops...

        I have tried to get the serial output by connecting
HyperTerminal to the serial port.  It seems it might be too early to get
a serial output - as I do not get anything?

        Any guidance would be appreciated.

        David Hingston