Bill Marquette wrote:

Doesn't really make any sense.  We already are doing a background
TCPDUMP to get the firewall logs.

On pflog0.  This is on the vlan interface which really is bizarre.  I
could see if for some reason the physical fxp interface wasn't in
PROMISC mode needing to do it for that interface, but for the vlan
interface I'm stumped.

And he said that's the only way it *works*? Due to the FreeBSD + promisc bug with VLAN's, tcpdumping any vlanX interface or the parent interface should kill all network activity on all VLAN's. Does on every box I've tried, and others have reported the same.