Jeroen wrote ..

> I also tried that, it does connect but has the same stability problems
> as
> with encryption. It connects and works for a moment then stalls and
> comes back to live again after about 10-20 seconds. According to windows
> the connection never stops

So the laptop still says its associated even though your network
connection drops? Is there anything in the pfsense logs?
Could it be that the Intel card is in power save mode and if so,
can you disable and try again?

A wireless packet capture would be helpful but try to keep it small
so as not to burden our mailboxes. If you want, you can email it to me
directly.