Sean Cavanaugh wrote:
upgrade that thing to one of the new snapshots and try and see if it happens still. snapshots seem more stable than even the 1.0.1 release.

Of course will do.
Though the problem discussed here was not my panic (which I'm pretty
sure recent relases/snapshots has solved), but the behaviour of the code
in config.inc when the backup cache (/cf/conf/backup/backup.cache)
becomes corrupted, which may happen in a lot of ways.

This might easily be tested by

    'cat /dev/null >/cf/conf/backup/backup.cache'

Angelo.