From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, February 28, 2007 7:27 AM
To: support@pfsense.com
Subject: Re: [pfSense Support] HEADS UP -- IPSEC Filtering now in recent
snapshots

if I remember the protocol correctly, IPSec has a checksum that's embedded
into it to show if the packet has been altered. NAT alters the crap out of
the packet to make it traverse the network, hence breaking the IPSec
security and therefore making it a worthless packet.
meaning IPSec into a NAT tunnel will never work but outbound from said
tunnel would.

-Sean