Yesterday I tried to get pfSense running again on one of our firewalls which
currently runs monowall.

I used the snapshot from http://snapshots.pfsense.com/FreeBSD6/RELENG_1/iso/
from the 5th of March.

Hardware is a DELL PowerEdge SC 1425, with 4 Network interfaces.

During installation it displays a couple of errors and warnings but nothing
that stops it from starting. Older version won't boot at all.

After everything is up and running, I have two problems with it.
Roughly every 20 minutes the system freezes, if I use the web interface a lot
to make random changes to the configuration I can get it to freeze even faster.
When it is frozen, I have to press the reset button on the server to get it
working again. Nothing else works.

The other problem I have is I have a bridge from the WAN to the OPT1 interface,
but the bridge is not working. I can not access the OPT1 interface from
anywhere.

While the second problem might be a configuration error, the first one isn't.
What should I do to debug that problem?

Best regards,

Christian