Unfortunately its ignoring the white list altogether with _2. I would love to help rectify this problem but I am not familiar with Snort as much as I would like to be.

Also, as you're probably aware, there's a bug in the config generator. Snort will not start unless the redundant forward slashes are removed.

/usr/local/etc/snort/snort.conf
var HOME_NET [192.168.5.0/24,/,/,24.*.*..........]

I do have a multi-wan setup but for Snort, the chosen interface is LAN as I am aware that currently it only allows one IF. This problem occurs regardless of the interface chosen.

- Ying

Ying Wong wrote:
The only docs I found was in the source as well.

Snorts version number I mentioned above was from the command line,

Snort exiting
# Version 2.6.1.3 (Build 36)

I will install _2 just in case afterwards.

Thanks for your input Scott.

- Ying