Ok--

I'm not trying to beat a dead horse, but I am wondering if something
obvious has perhaps been overlooked here.

It has been said several times by the pfSense folks that traffic shaping
combined with bridging doesn't work. However, there are folks claiming
to be using it with success.

I've also checked the m0n0 mailing list archives and someone said the
following: Traffic Shaping with bridging DOES work (in monowall-- the
post was quite old) so long as you have the option "Enable Filtering
Bridge" checked.
Does that option make any difference in pfSense with respect to traffic
shaping a bridged connection? (I'm trying to get a feel for *why* or
*why not* here).
Thanks--

Dimitri Rodis
Integrita Systems LLC