On Apr 3, 2007, at 12:28 AM, Bassam A. Al-Khaffaf wrote:

Dear All,

I have a couple of inquiries where I need people who have experience to
convey some of their knowledge to me.

1- Does pfsense support 802.1x authentications; I mean does it act as an authenticator for any 802.1x supplicant, in another word, does it allow
EAP authentication requests to EAP authentication servers?

If you are running from a hard drive install you would need to do the following:
        - Install the freeradius package
        - Edit the radius.conf and eap.conf to match your environment
        - Copy your certificates to the pfsense's file system
        - Start freeradius.

2- Does pfsense support Group-oriented policy firewall and bandwidth
control?

I know this works becuase I just finished this setup last night for my wireless network that is now running wpa2-Enterprise.

On a side note I wonder how hard it would be to have these options under the radius menu item.

-Ron

--
Ron Rosson
[EMAIL PROTECTED]