I just wanted to report an update of how my IPSEC over OPTx is working. It's been a few days, now since I set up the manual rules on the OPTx interface that I wanted to use for IPSEC. Since I set up the rules listed in my previous post, my IPSEC VPN's over the OPTx interface are working well and seem very stable.

Vaughn

Vaughn L. Reid III wrote:
Just to be thorough, I added two more rules to the firewall's OPT
interface to make sure all the IPSEC stuff gets through.  I'm fuzzy on
if the last two are needed, but just to be safe, I added them.

Here are all the rule that I've added:
Rules in the format listed below:
Format: Protocol Source Port Destination Port Gateway Schedule
1.  UDP     *     *     Interface IP Address     500     *     Blank
2.  ESP     *     *     Interface IP Address     *     *     Blank
3.  AH     *     *     Interface IP Address     *     *     Blank
4.  GRE     *     *     Interface IP Address     *     *     Blank

Vaughn

On Mon, 02 Apr 2007 20:43:38 -0400, "Vaughn L. Reid III"