To: <support@pfsense.com>
Sent: Tuesday, April 17, 2007 12:28 PM
Subject: Re: [pfSense Support] help pptp plz

I have PPTP successfully working on my pfsense box. Here's how I got stuff working.

1.  My lan IP is 192.168.10.1/24, and my Lan net is 192.168.10.0/24
2. On the VPN PPTP page, I selected the radio button that corresponds to "Enable PPTP Server""
3.  My PPTP server address is:  192.168.150.25
4. My Remote Address Range is: 192.168.150.48/28 -- The /28 was already entered. You can change this netmask, but you need to do it manually through config files -- Check out the forum for more info.
5.  I also have the "Require 128-bit Encryption" option selected.
6.  After selecting these settings, I clicked save.

Next, on the Users tab of the VPN PPTP page I created usernames and passwords for the various accounts that I wanted to allow access to the pfsense's PPTP server.

I did not add any special routes or other items to to the pfsense box's configuration. It just worked like magic. I have successfully connected to the network using pptp by using the VPN wizard on both Windows 2000 and Windows XP Pro road warriors. I am running the PPTP server on the snapshot built:
*1.0.1-SNAPSHOT-03-27-2007 *
built on Sun Apr 8 18:57:04 EDT 2007

When I first started using pfsense, however, I did notice that I had trouble with getting PPTP to work on the 1.0.1 default release. As soon as I updated to a snapshot release, however, my problems in this area went away.

Vaughn Reid III

Arthur Mitchell wrote:
how do i add an static routes?
----- Original Message ----- From: "Holger Bauer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>