On 4/21/07, Kelvin Chiang <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi, I have some issue with implmenting VLAN, can someone help to comment?

I have 2 boxes of pfsense. I connected the LAN interfaces of both boxes with
a crossover cable and I defined VLAN 1 (Tag 1) on both LAN interfaces. From
the interfaces, I now have 3 interfaces, WAN, LAN, and OPT1 on both boxes.
The LAN interfaces coommunicate with untagged packets are working fine.
However, the OPT1 interfaces cannot communicate with each other.

Some considerations: the NIC for the LAN interface are using different
chipset but pfsense detected both as VLAN-capable NIC.

Are you allowing 802.1q frames on your lan interface?