What options are there for creating rules with a hostname which resolves
to a dynamic IP address? I'd like to allow one host access inbound
access on a tcp port, but that host doesn't have a static IP. Unless
there's a magic mechanism I don't know about, at least part of the rules
would have to be reloaded when the host's IP address changes. Doing that
wouldn't be a problem, nor would it be a problem if there was a 2h
blackout period when the IP changed but the rules weren't reloaded yet.

How could this be achieved with pfsense? I'm not averse to a bit of
shell scripting if necessary.

Thanks,

Volker

--