PfSense and Dell are a problem in our experience.

I'll ask the other guy here with more experience in workarounds for Dell to
check what he usually does.

-----Original Message-----
From: Garith Dugmore [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: quarta-feira, 2 de maio de 2007 09:52
To: support@pfsense.com
Subject: [pfSense Support] Pfsense 1.01 - Dell PowerEdge 860

Hello Pfsense Support,

I have 2 Dell Poweredge 860's that seemed to have been reported to work by a
fellow pfsense user (
http://www.mail-archive.com/support@pfsense.com/msg08534.html ).

I've gone through a normal setup of pfsense taking all the default options
and once installed and rebooted I restore my backed up pfsense .xml. Then
while converting the normal Virtual IP addresses to CARP addresses I get a
kernel panic.  I've done this many times and recreating the kernel panic
seems to be done easily enough. After converting either 4 or 5 Virtual IP
addresses and hitting the Apply button after each change I get the attached
error just before it reboots itself. After a reboot the server would then
crash on its own at intermittent intervals and eventually making it
impossible to login at the console (many php errors before the login screen
scroll by too quickly to note down). I've attempted to follow:
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/faq/advanced.html#KERNEL-PA
NIC-TROUBLESHOOTING
which suggests I use the "nm" command which is not apart of pfsense.
Before I go hunting for ways to either get nm to work or gdb I wanted to
find if someone had similar issues and had found a workaround or solution.

Thnx in advance,

--

Garith Dugmore
Systems Administrator