Alin Badea wrote:
Hello as stated in the subj I have a network of 60 ip's ( a city block network ) that are orientated 95 on p2p traffic DC++ & torrents, the reason I wanted to try pfsense is for the traffic shaper that seems to do a good job in ensuring some bandwith for e-mail and http traffic and evenly distributing the remaning bandwith between the users, the router is a fujitsu simens PC cpu PIIi@ 733 with 512mb RAM and two 3COM nics. The thing that happns is that when the traffic is at his highest ( everybody is downloading ) pfsese hangs for a few minutes and starts over for a few more until it crashhes all toghether.

It sounds like you need to increase the size of your state table. What you're describing sounds like exactly what happens when you exhaust your state table. With 512 MB RAM, you should be able to bump it up to at least 200,000 states (default is 10,000), depending on what other services you're running possibly even higher.