I agree with Chris, increase your state table size, that'll probably
fix your issue.  The CPU _should_ be enough for 100Mbit, but 'top'
should tell you cpu usage at peak loads easily enough, or use the RRD
graphs after the fact to look at CPU load.  I'd recommend replacing
those 3com NICs with Intel Pro 100's or even Pro 1000's (less CPU
overhead due to better buffering on the card), but again I suspect
your issue isn't hardware and tossing more/different at it won't solve
your current problem.

--Bill