Brookenmire wrote:
Hi all,

On PfSense 1.2b1 I have a static route on the LAN interface.
It works as it should, diverting traffic from the LAN that has a destination
within its subnet range to a router that is on another (OPT1) interface.
The destination addresses are external IP addresses (not within any PfSense
interface subnets).

The problem is that I need all traffic that flows from a different interface
(OPT2) that has the same destination address to route as it would otherwise
would through the default WAN interface.
At the moment, all traffic within the subnet range from either the LAN or
OPT2 get routed to OPT1

I have the static routes "Interface" setting set to LAN.

Is it possible to get PfSense to static route traffic only from the
interface it is set to?

Since the router is off the OPT1 interface your static route needs to use the OPT1 interface (unrelated, but needs to be fixed).

As for directing traffic, yes, that's possible with policy routing. It overrides the system routing table.