Thank you kindly Holger.

Kind regards
David Hingston.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Holger Bauer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <support@pfsense.com>
Sent: Friday, June 15, 2007 12:14 AM
Subject: RE: [pfSense Support] Reduce WAN NIC to 10Mbps?

Have a look at http://doc.m0n0.ch/handbook-single/#FAQ.hiddenopts .
These options apply to pfSense as well. You can hardcode the speed and
duplex by adding the appropriate flag to your downloaded config.xml and
reupload it again.

# interfaces/(if)/media and interfaces/(if)/mediaopt

If you need to force your NIC to a specific media type (e.g. 10Base-T
half duplex), you can use these two options. Refer to the appropriate
FreeBSD manpage for the driver you're using to see which options are
available (or run ifconfig -m).

Holger