I have had the same experience w/ the RV016 and
pfSense.  What is the exact version on the linksys
side (have you upgraded the firmware to the
current?), and what build of 1.0.1 pfSense are you
running?  I'd move the the current 1.2-BETA SNAP
and upgrade your Linksys to the current 2.0.17.

I personally have had very little luck in
conecting linksys to anything but linksys for VPN
connectivity.  I have gotten it to work in the lab
and maintain it's stability but under a high load
situation it becomes very unstable and drops quite
often.

> Hi,
>

>  I have PFSense 1.0.1 version configured with
open VPN on one site and Dual
> wan router (Linksys RV016) configured on the
other site.  VPN connection
> works fine.  However, even though both the
routers are configured to be on a
> Keep Alive status in reference to the VPN
connectivity, still the VPN
> connection drops consistently.  Please let me
know for any further details
> you want from me to resolve this issue.  Any
help from your side would