I set up a cron job that pings the internal ip of the router on the other side
of the VPN every 120 seconds and the link has not come down as yet. Perhaps
this is a work around...

This is my cron job set to execute on boot :

ping 192.168.100.1 -i 120

Hope this will solve the problems for all who are struggling to solve the vpn
problem with pfsense.

Anil garg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: Chris/Scott

The only reason we purchased a RV016 on the other end was because we have three
DSL on load balancing and I could not figure out how to put 3 DSL, one DMZ, and
Lan on one box, even though PC has 4 Intel pro cards plus one built on the
motherboard.  Someday someone will write a recipe for non-geeks like us.

Coming to tunnel problem, we matched every parameter uniformly on both sides
and it works fine usually.  Except when there is some idle time and then the
VPN link drops.  If I just click save without making any change the VPN starts
to function again without making any changes to Linksys at all.

I tried to move to 1.2 Beta 1 and it looked great but I faced problem with my
wife unable to connect to pptp to her work using gre and we also faced some
instability with calling in to connect to pptp from outside which works
flawlessly on the current PFSENSE 1.01

So we were hesitant to move to 1.2B1 to fix one time (which  only time will
tell) but break pptp pass through which is working like a charm.  I don not
remember what build it was.

If you recommend we can try and migrate again.

Best
Anil Garg

Scott Ullrich <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: It should also be noted that we where
shipping a "invalid" racoon
recently with NAT-T enabled in racoon but not in the kernel.   Somehow
along the way NATT was changed to "enabled" and our BATCH port
building system picked this up.

Basically what I am trying to say is make sure all endpoints are on
the same version.   Preferably 1.2-BETA-1.

Scott