Good afternoon,

I just installed 1.2RC2.  I wanted to see if our issue was resolved
concerning when we have self-signed (or self generated certificates),
and we click on System->Advanced, it will conclude every session on the
Captive Portal.  Personnel have to re-authenticate in order to regain
connectivity.  These are the scenarios that I performed today and each
of them came up with the same error about the webConfigurator
certificates have changed.

Tried with System->General Setup->webGUI protocol set to http,
self-signed certs, System->Advanced-> webGUI SSL, generated from OpenSSL
intalled and I received this error

Tried with System->General Setup->webGUI protocol set to https,
self-signed cert, in System->Advanced-> webGUI SSL,  generated from
OpenSSL installed and still receive the same error.

Tried with System->General Setup->webGUI protocol set to http, no self
signed certs in the System->Advanced-> webGUI SSL certificate/key and it
does not conclude connectivity on the CaptivePortal.

Aug 20 16:33:12 check_reload_status: webConfigurator restart in progress

Aug 20 16:33:06 php[1496]: /system_advanced.php: webConfigurator
certificates have changed. Restarting webConfigurator.

Aug 20 16:31:50 check_reload_status: reloading filter

Is there an issue with creating self-signed certificate using OpenSSL
and pfSense?  Can someone explain the "Create Certificate automatically"
link on the System-Advanced- webGUI SSL certificate/key?

Thank you all for your help.

Dwane

Dwane Atkins

210-567-0158