I am sorry for the usual question, where does one get 1.2RC-3 please?!
Kind regards David

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jan Hoevers" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <support@pfsense.com>
Sent: Friday, October 12, 2007 1:50 PM
Subject: Re: [pfSense Support] hotplug event on LAN triggers problem on PPTP WAN

Chris Buechler wrote on 26-9-2007 2:02:
> Definitely sounds like a bug. I opened a ticket. If you can, please hang
> on with 1.2rc2 for the time being. None of the developers have a PPTP
> WAN, so we'll need somebody to test the change with that specific setup.

hi Chris,

Perfect, the issue is fixed!

As you requested off list I've installed the embedded platform image
labelled "1.2-RC3 built on Thu Oct 11 17:09:49 EDT 2007" and created
some ethernet hotplug events as a test. Of course I still find them in
the logs (check_reload_status: rc.linkup starting, etc.) but mpd doesn't
get killed anymore and the PPTP-WAN link remains up.

I'm quite happy with this result, and with your fast reaction.

thanks a lot,
Jan Hoevers