Paul M wrote:
Ugo Bellavance wrote:
Still not working, the arp tables show nothing on the hosts on vlan103.
I've tried again, and still no luck.  The pfsense can ping the opt1
interface (192.168.10.1), but no hosts on this network.  I'm beginning
to suspect that the switch there doesn't really support vlans. dell
powerconnect 2724.

Any ideas?

are you setting the switch port to 802.1q encapsulation which is how
multiple vlans are carried over a single ether?

I had a choice of

-not member
-member - untag
-member - tag

for each port

don't want to be rude but you probably need to read a tutorial on 802.1q
and vlans.

You're not rude, I totally agreee.  Do you have any links to recommmend?

We'll be replacing the dell by a HP 2626 shortly. It should be easier I think (and more reliable).

Thanks

Ugo