Thanks, I think the wrong MTU caused it. Great!

I found how to set the MTU via the GUI. But ng0 device will remain
having the wrong old MTU. :(

When I do

    $ ifconfig ng0 mtu 1492

it'a gonna be set and the problem is gone. But not via the WebGUI.

Can you tell me why it's not being applied to the interface via the
WebGUI?

- - Ronny

Ronny Forberger schrieb:
> The MTU of my ng0 (PPPoE) device is 1454. I think it should be
> 1492.
>
> Can I set this somewhere?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Ronny
>
> Raylund Lai schrieb:
>> May be checking your MTU.   -Raylund
>
>> Ronny Forberger wrote:
>>> Hi List,
>>>
>>> first of all let me say pfsense is an awesome idea to provide a
>>>  router platform.
>>>
>>> But I'm getting a strange problem and can't resolve it:
>>>
>>> All my VNC and RDP connections via being tunneled both throght
>>> an SSL VPN (openvpn) and OpenSSH tunnels after a while will
>>> hang. Then sometimes it turns back working but most of the time
>>> I have to reconnect vnc / rdp. I seems pakets are being dropped
>>> but I cant figure out where.
>>>
>>> This is very strange, since I was using this szenario before
>>> with the same tunnels but another router. (Same external PPPoE
>>> connection even).
>>>
>>> I do not have any traffic shaping rules enabled - I am stuck on
>>>  finding glues what the problem could be.
>>>
>>> Can you maybe give me hints?
>>>
>>> Cheers,

- --
Ronny Forberger
Systemadministration & IT-Support

elego Software Solutions GmbH
Gustav-Meyer-Allee 25
Gebäude 12, Raum 227
D-13355 Berlin

Tel. +49 30 23 45 86 96      ronny.forberger at elegosoft.com
Fax  +49 30 23 45 86 95      http://www.elegosoft.com

Geschäftsführer: Olaf Wagner, Sitz Berlin
Amtsgericht Berlin-Charlottenburg, HRB 77719, USt-IdNr: DE163214194