Good Afternoon All,

I have a satellite internet connection, both in and out, attached to a
pfSense 1.2RC3 box.

Lately I have been having a connection issue keeping my connection
stable on the stat elite for some unknown reason.

When the connection gets dropped it usually comes back up a short time
later but it seems that the pfSense box does not always either reacquire
an IP or sometimes it does not drop the existing one and I have to do a
DHCP renew.

I can do this but I do have a need to access this box from the outside
world at times and if I am not on site I can not do the DHCP renew.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a scheduled job to check and see if
it can ping something on the outside and if not cause a DHCP renew to
happen automatically or any suggestions for that matter.

I am more of a Windows kind of guy so I am kind of lost in the FreeBSD.

Any assistance is muchly appreciated.

Thanks,

Ron