Hello,

I am attempting to install pfSense on a 2 GB CF card for use on a PC Engines motherboard without video (alix2c3.)

I have used the live disc under VMWare and connected the card via USB reader. Everything works great and the install begins, but then hangs forever (overnight at least) at 35%, which is:
/usr/local/bin/cpdup -vvv -I -o /usr /mnt/usr

I have tested the card and reader extensively; everything works. I have re-attempted the above process several times.

How do I work around this?

Also, how do I put reasonable settings onto here, so that I can avoid setting up a console with my alix board? I'd prefer to have simple DHCP auto-configuration on at least one NIC and SSH/HTTP admin access working immediately after booting.

Thank you!

-Galen