From: "Dane Reugger" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: support@pfsense.com
Sent: Thursday, January 31, 2008 10:40:23 AM (GMT-0600) America/Chicago
Subject: [pfSense Support] Pfsense public intenet w/ authentication

I have a small computer shop and would like to setup free / open  access
point so that clients can use it while in the shop. But I don't want it
so open that my neighbors are using it for nefarious purposes. Can
somebody recommend a configuration.

My thoughts:
Add another nic and a wireless router or access point w/ captive portal
Add a wireless nic Ad-Hod w/ captive portal
Setup up some sort of VLan w/ Access point

Any recommendation on the route I should go? Another route?

And a lazy questions (I've not really looked into it) - what is best /
easiest way to lock this connection down to HTTP only. And will failure
to log into the captive portal block all traffic or just prevent browsing?

Thanks,
-Dane