You are going to have to have the wan and the block of IPs (WAN ips) on the same subnet - why would that not be the case? If you have multiple IP ranges you need to have multiple WAN interfaces - which I believe is possible although I haven't done it myself.

Also make sure you have the right subnet, if it was a 16 subnet those two ranges could exist in one subnet. If you have a block of addresses - public IPs WAN - it should go without saying that they are in the same subnet as the IP of your WAN interface.

Best regards

Sangye