From: Dimitri Rodis [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, March 04, 2008 2:55 PM
To: support@pfsense.com
Subject: RE: [pfSense Support] FreeRADIUS Package

Any hints on how to add logging support? I would really like to add this
feature to the package, but I haven't been able to find any information.
I've looked at practically every .xml file in
http://cvs.pfsense.com/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/tools/packages/ , and I
haven't found a package with logging support yet. I've also looked at
the CoreGUI docs at http://devwiki.pfsense.org/CoreGUI , but there is no
mention of adding logging support anywhere.

Can anyone provide some docs/input on how to do this? Having to ssh into
the pfSense box and tail -f /var/log/radius.log is a pain, and I would
rather just go to a web based log.

Also, when using a textarea widget, is there a way to preserve the
carriage returns in the data when it is subsequently received? It isn't
affecting any of the functionality that I've added, it would just be
nice if it would preserve the formatting so that when the data for that
field is subsequently retrieved, it looks the same way it did when I put
it in. Again, I didn't see anything in the CoreGUI docs that says
whether or not this is possible.

Thanks,

Dimitri Rodis
Integrita Systems LLC