Let me introduce myself.  Home user here, no windoze fan and not idiot ;-)

A while ago I tried to get some comments on the subject, but no joy :(

I'm running pfsense off a cd + usb stick, and what I'm trying to do is to
put some ssh keys on a usb-stick (same place as config.xml) and copy them
upp om boot so new ones don't need to be generated every single time I
boot the firewall.

I did find the <earlyshellcmd> config option, and thought it would be
useful.  It is, with unpredictable and undesired side effects :(  Yes, my
saved host keys _are_ copied from the usb-stick to the ram file system,
but sshd startup fails.  No <earlyshellcmd> in config.xml: all fine and
dandy, but the irritating "WARNING: REMOTE HOST IDENTIFICATION HAS
CHANGED!" comes up every time :(

Does anyone know of some solution/workaround to this?

TIA,

--
e-bomb radar enforcers Cocaine [Hello to all my friends and fans in
domestic surveillance] Jiang Zemin CipherTAC-2000 Peking argus spy